Eline Powell nude (89 photos) Cleavage, Instagram, butt
Eline Powell (born Eline Pauwels, 12 April 1990) is a Belgian actress.
Early years and education
Powell is the daughter of Belgian pharmacologist Rudi Pauwels and clinical researcher Carine Claeys, who in 1994 were two of the co-founders of the biotech company Tibotec. She was born in Leuven and lived in Mechelen until she was fourteen years old. After a short stay in Switzerland, she moved to England, but she has Belgian citizenship and considers Belgium her home.
She attended the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts, graduating in 2011 with a BA degree in acting.
She started her career in a short student film For Elsie, where she played the role of Mila, a mobster's daughter who wants to learn the piano in one day. Her performance earned awards from the Beijing Student Film Festival and the Student Academy Awards, USA. Also at the 39th Annual Student Academy Awards in 2012, For Elsie earned its director David Winstone the Foreign Film Gold Medal.
In 2012, she had a small role (Angelique) in Quartet,Dustin Hoffman's directorial debut.
In 2014, she played the title role in the Italian drama film Anita B. directed by Roberto Faenza. The 2014 Capri, Hollywood International Film Festival named Powell as that year's "Breakout" actress for her role in Anita B.. Hollywood Reporter, on the other hand, criticized that performance as "ineffective..failing to convey any traces of the suffering her character has obviously endured."
In 2016, she appeared in two episodes of Game of Thrones as Bianca, a young actress plotting to murder her rival.
She had small roles in Novitiate and King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, both released in 2017.
In August 2016, Powell was cast to star in the Freeform series Siren playing Ryn, a feral mermaid who comes to a small coastal village in search of her sister. Preparing for the role, Powell studied legends of mermaids and sea creatures. To develop ideas for the mermaid's body language, Powell worked from videos of marine and other predators. For the mermaid's newly learned speech, Powell was inspired by the accent of Icelandic singer Björk.
Reviews of Siren were generally positive about Powell's performance, with IndieWire saying, "Powell’s ability to embody a being who is mainly a physical presence, yet fill it with wonder, fear, and menace without uttering a word, is magnetic."The Tampa Bay Times praised her performance as one of "Siren's biggest strengths" (the other was its Northwest Pacific setting.)TV Guide, on the other hand, reviewing the pilot, complained that Powell "looks weird...performs the act of staring weird, as though she's trying with all her might to pop her eyeballs out of her head through sheer will."
Siren, which was the top new cable drama during spring 2018, was renewed in October for a second season, premiering on January 24, 2019.
In December 2018, Powell announced her engagement to British director and animator Lee Lennox.
FilmographyFilms Year Title Role Notes Refs. Television Year Title Role Notes Refs.
|2011||For Elsie||Mila (credited as "Eline Pauwels")||Short film|||
|2016||Stoner Express||Desiree||aka AmStarDam|
|King Arthur: Legend of the Sword||Syren 2|||
|2012||The Fear||Lule||Miniseries, 1 episode|
|2016||Game of Thrones||Bianca||2 episodes|||
- ^ a b c d "Vlaamse actrice Eline Powell steelt de show in Hollywoodreeks 'Siren'". Het Laatste Nieuws (in Dutch). Mar 28, 2018. Retrieved April 18, 2018.
- ^ a b Vanselow, Arthur (July 24, 2018). "Who is actress Eline Powell from "Siren"? Her Wiki: Siblings, Affair, Bio, Boyfriend, Dating, Single, Parents, Net Worth". Showbiz Post. Retrieved January 23, 2019. After RADA, Eline launched her career by starring in the short comedy-drama film “For Elsie” in 2011, next to Blake Ritson and Olegar Fedoro, actually also the directing debut of David Winstone. Eline won several awards for her work on the film, including Audience Award from the Beijing Student Film Festival, and Honorary Foreign Film Award from Student Academy Awards, USA, among others.
- ^ Romero, Ariana (October 6, 2017). "If You Already Love Mermaids, Meet Your New TV Obsession". Refinery29. Retrieved December 20, 2017.
- ^ a b Volpe, Allie (April 6, 2018). "'Siren' Star Eline Powell on Embracing Physicality in Your Performance". Backstage. Retrieved January 24, 2019. It’s a process where I sought to be creative with it. It hasn’t been done before, at least that take on mermaids. I looked at a lot of different types of predators, mammals on land and in the sea.
- ^ Bobbin, Jay (January 20, 2019). "Powell dives into 'Siren' role". Boston Herald. Retrieved January 23, 2019. Her pharmacologist father founded a biotech company (with her mother) in their homeland and a molecular diagnostic company in Switzerland, and he has been a leading force in the treatment of the HIV virus.
- ^ a b Debie, Eline (April 25, 2018). "Vlaamse Eline Powell speelt hoofdrol in 'Siren': 'Maar ik sluit Belgische series zeker niet uit'". Flair. Retrieved January 23, 2019. Ik ben in 1990 in Leuven geboren en heb dan tot mijn 14 jaar in het Mechelse gewoond. Daarna even in Zwitserland, om vervolgens definitief naar Engeland te verhuizen. Daar ben ik aan mijn studie aan de Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in Londen begonnen. (I was born in 1990 in Leuven and then lived in Mechelen until I was 14 years old. Then in Switzerland for a short while, and then permanently moved to England. That is where I started my studies at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art in London.)
- ^ "Eline Powell - RADA: The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art - Student". rada.ac.uk.
- ^ "THE 39TH STUDENT ACADEMY AWARDS HIGHLIGHTS". Oscars.org. 2012. Retrieved January 23, 2019. 39th Student Academy Awards -- Foreign Film (Gold Medal): David Winstone
- ^ "Siren's Eline Powell – Early Film Appearances". Pixel51. July 15, 2018. Retrieved January 24, 2019. Powell’s character Angelique gives Cedric (Michael Gambon) a manicure, is a server in the dining hall, and has an assignation in the tall grass with co-worker Simon (Luke Newberry).
- ^ French, Philip (January 5, 2013). "Quartet – review". The Guardian. Retrieved January 25, 2019. Dustin Hoffman ... makes his confident directorial debut at 75
- ^ Ford, Rebecca (January 2, 2015). "The Imitation Game' Tops Capri, Hollywood Film Festival". Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 23, 2019. Breakout Actors - Ryan Gage (The Hobbit) and Eline Powell (Quartet)
- ^ "YOUNG ACTRESS ELINE POWELL RECEIVED THE 2014 "CAPRI BREAKOUT ACTRESS AWARD" FOR THE MOVIE "ANITA B."". Capri Hollywood. January 4, 2015. Retrieved January 23, 2019.
- ^ a b Scheck, Frank (April 28, 2015). "'Anita B.': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 26, 2018. The story begins with the title character (Eline Powell) arriving in a small town near Prague...
- ^ a b c d Trapunsky, Charles (March 29, 2018). "INTERVIEW: SIREN'S ELINE POWELL". BriefTake. Retrieved January 24, 2019. I wanted to find a slang or lilt or an accent so I tried out a few things, and I quite liked this one particular thing in Icelandic, the way Björk speaks, they have a quite a breathy pause after every consonant. That’s not the whole Icelandic accent, but it’s an aspect of it, and I thought it was so brilliant because Ryn uses breath a lot to be expressive.
- ^ Chiapello, Juliette (March 29, 2018). "Siren : qui est Eline Powell, la troublante sirène de la nouvelle série ?". Allocine. Retrieved January 23, 2019. Bianca, qui interprétait Sansa Stark, faisait alors appel aux assassins de Braavos afin qu'ils la débarrassent de sa rivale, et qu'elle puisse reprendre le rôle phare de Cersei Lannister. (Bianca, who played Sansa Stark, then called on the assassins of Braavos to rid her of her rival, so that she could take over the leading role of Cersei Lannister.)
- ^ a b Felperin, Leslie (January 21, 2017). "'Novitiate': Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved March 26, 2018. ...Liana Liberto, Rebecca Dayan, Eline Powell...
- ^ a b Hannam, Laura (May 2, 2018). "Siren star Eline Powell: 5 reasons to watch her new SYFY mermaid drama". BT.com. Retrieved January 24, 2019. She played scheming actress Bianca in Game of Thrones and a Syren in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. And she is now the star of SYFY drama Siren, a dark take on the mermaid fantasy theme.
- ^ a b Petski, Denise (24 August 2016). "'The Deep' Pilot Casts Eline Powell & Rena Owen; 'Claws' Adds Jason Antoon". Deadline.
- ^ Tomada, Nathalie (January 25, 2019). "Eline Powell: Interview with the Mermaid". The Philippine Star. Retrieved January 25, 2019. The first earliest mermaid mentioned in history books was Atargartis in Assyria, a thousand BC. In Africa, you have Mami Wata. I was looking at all different countries and their versions of mermaids.
- ^ Crookes, Adam (April 12, 2018). "Interview: Eline Powell – an actress at the height of her powers with 'Siren'". Crookes Magazine. Retrieved January 24, 2019. I watched a lot of Blue Planet and looked at different predators, particularly mammals in the sea AND on land. I just played around and picked what I thought would work best.
- ^ Clark, Terri (March 31, 2018). "Exclusive Interview with Siren's Eline Powell". Talk Nerdy With Us. Retrieved January 24, 2019. I love the very quick movements of cheetahs that make people jump a bit... But I also love the fluidity of bigger mammals, like whales and orcas.
- ^ Mason, Jessica (March 26, 2018). "Review: Freeform's Mermaid Show, Siren, Is a Fresh Take on an Old Tail". The Mary Sue. Retrieved January 26, 2019. The biggest strength is in the lead performance by Powell as Ryn. Powell is not only unearthly in her look, but never lets us forget that Ryn is not human. She manages a balance of innocence and raw, animalistic danger that’s fascinating to watch any time she’s on the screen.
- ^ Gunderson, Alexis (April 19, 2018). "TV's New Horror Mermaid Show Siren Is Gruesome and Great. Freeform Should Let It Stay That Way". Paste Magazine. Retrieved January 24, 2019. In the meantime, I will be marveling at how unsettlingly convincing Eline Powell is as a crackingly intelligent, always-learning predator barely containing her inhumanity.
- ^ "PIXEL 51's Ten Best Newfound Things of 2018". Pixel 51. December 24, 2018. Retrieved January 24, 2019. Ryn reacts to some humans with anger tinged with hunger, to others with affection infused with a slight air of superiority. Accustomed to being at the top of the food chain, she does not find humans very threatening, but she does find them interesting. Watching this character develop was the highlight of the year.
- ^ Nguyen, Han (March 29, 2018). "'Siren' Review: A Murderous Mermaid Is the Only Thing Keeping Freeform's Tepid Series Afloat". IndieWire. Retrieved January 24, 2019. Powell’s ability to embody a being who is mainly a physical presence, yet fill it with wonder, fear, and menace without uttering a word, is magnetic. Even when she begins to speak broken English, that can’t diminish the intensity of her performance.
- ^ Tatham, Chelsea (March 27, 2018). "Review: The mermaids in 'Siren' don't want to be part of your world". Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved January 24, 2019. Siren's biggest strengths come from Powell's performance as an apex predator of lore and the show's Pacific Northwest setting — a popular backdrop for pulpy YA television.
- ^ Surette, Tim (March 29, 2018). "Siren's Strangeness Saves the Supernatural Genre From Drowning in Predictability". TV Guide. Retrieved January 25, 2019. I hope I can say this, she looks weird. And by "looks weird" I mean performs the act of staring weird, as though she's trying with all her might to pop her eyeballs out of her head through sheer will.
- ^ Pedersen, Erik (October 4, 2018). "'Siren': Season 2 Premiere Date, Promo & First-Look Photo For Freeform's Mermaid Drama – NY Comic Con". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved January 25, 2019. Siren was the No. 1 new cable drama during its spring run this year.
- ^ Eline Powell (December 1, 2018). ""OKAY YES" to my love and fiancé @missing_pixel ❤️ It was so wonderful sharing this with the @siren family on set the next day. Thank you so much dear friends both cast and crew for all the sweetest well wishes! You are love 🙏🙏❤️❤️". Instagram. Retrieved January 7, 2019.
- ^ a b University of Westminster: For Elsie
- ^ Variety review of Quartet
- ^ Gant, Charles (11 October 2012). "Review: 'Private Peaceful'". Variety (magazine). Retrieved 2 May 2017.
HTTP /1.1 200 OK Date: Tue, GMT. Content-Type: text/html; charsetUTF-8 Transfer-Encoding: chunked Connection: keep-alive Set-Cookie: _cfduidd2d4b0e55d89748e14b1dbdf30f4356ce ; expiresWed, 25-Mar-20 GMT; path m; HttpOnly. Strict-Transport-Security: max-age15552000; includeSubDomains; preload Last-Modified: Mon, GMT. Cache-Control: public, max-age86400 Expires: Wed, GMT. Vary: Accept-Encoding CF-Cache-Status: HIT X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff Expect-CT: max-age604800, report-uri"m/cdn-cgi/beacon/expect-ct".